POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Mpeg2 encoder found : Re: Mpeg2 encoder found Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mpeg2 encoder found
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 20 Dec 1999 04:47:06
Message: <385DFB04.2B0AD4EB@buckosoft.com>
omniVERSE wrote:

> Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message
> >
> > You just might become a hero for this :)
> >

> Maybe not if others get the same transfer rate I'm getting here trying to
> D/L the file.  Over 20 minutes it looks like for a 0.9 Meg file??  Probably
> just my bad luck.

This is a problem i have.  Some people get crappy access to my place.
Usually if you have poor routing to povray.org, my site will be painful.
(povray.org sits on T3s in Hartford, CT and buckosoft.com is 2 hops behind that)
Plus, i am on a 64Kb line behind that, which is fine for lite duty, like J. Gimbert
got 7.5KB/s from me which is my top end.
You probably timed your download to coincide with the 178 lurkers here who downloaded
that program in the first 48 hours it was up. (430 downloads in 2 weeks).

Too bad nobody has replied with a success story for using it.

> There couldn't be a better concept than Png to Mpg for POV-Ray animation
> making I believe.

I thought so.

> Hope I can get it to work here.

And...?